Welcome to the home page of The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong (SAHK).
NEWS AND UPDATES (updated 9 January 2018):
- The 9th World Congress of the World Institute of Pain (WIP) will be held on 9-12 May 2018 in Dublin, Ireland. The deadline for abstract submission is on 16 January 2018, so please act fast! For more information, please visit wip2018.kenes.com!
- SAHK Annual General Meeting 2017 & Scientific Meeting was held on 30 November 2017 (Thursday) at the Shanghai Room I&II, Level 8, Cordis Hotel, 555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon.
We are honoured to have Dr Bong Choon Looi (Senior Consultant, Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia, KK Women's & Children's Hospital, Singapore) and Prof. Shuling Peng (Professor and Head, Department of Anaesthesiology, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou) to talk to us on 'Postoperative Neurodevelopment in Paediatrics and Postoperative Delirium in Elderly'.
- SAHK and HKSCO (Hong Kong Society of Clinical Oncology) has jointly organised a Cancer Pain Symposium on 13th December 2017 at the Strategy II-III (8/F), W Hotel Hong Kong, 1 Austin Road West, Hong Kong. We are delighted to have Dr. Jee Youn Moon (Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital) to talk to us on the 'New Era on Opioid Treatment in Breakthrough Cancer Pain'.
- It's time for you to renew your membership at SAHK. At SAHK, not only will you enjoy the benefits of the lectures and courses we organise, you may also be able to receive grants and sponsorships for conferences and courses. Ordinary membership fee is HKD150 per annum, while lifetime membership fee is only HKD1500 for life! So join now by filling out this membership application form and return it with payment to Dr. Michelle Cheung c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to "The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong".
- SAHK is proud to announce the establishment of the SAHK Anaesthesia Foundation Fellowship. This Foundation Fellowship will sponsor specialists in Anaesthesiology in Hong Kong for overseas training in different areas of anaesthesia for up to HKD 100,000. Please follow this link for details.