Welcome to the home page of The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong (SAHK).
NEWS AND UPDATES (updated 26 November 2018):
- SAHK Annual Scientific Meeting 2018 - Excellence in Operating Theatre will be held on 4th December 2018 (Tuesday) at the Star Room, 42/F, Cordis Hotel, Mongkok, Kowloon. The Annual General Meeting will start at 1830, followed by two lectures (Understanding and working towards GREEN ANAESTHESIA & Working towards EXCELLENCE in ANAESTHESIA) by Prof. Chan Yoo Kuen (Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya Medical Center, Kuala Lumpur).
- SAHK Overseas Speaker CME Dinner was held on 12 November 2018 (Monday) at Junior Ballroom 1, Level 3, Royal Plaza HOtel, 193 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon. Dr Klaus Goerlinger (Senior consultant for Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Pain Therapy and Haemostaseology from the University Hospital Essen, Germany) will give us a talk on "ROtational ThromboElastoMetry - Guided perioperative bleeding management in liver transplantation, major surgery and postpartum haemorrhage".
- The HKCA Board of Pain Medicine had co-organized with ANZCA FPM a Spring Meeting in Cairns on 19-21 October 2018. SAHK offered conference grants to our members attending the meeting.
- SAHK CME Dinner Symposium was held on 29 Aug 2018 at 7/F, W Hong Kong Hotel, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon. Prof. Tian Ming, Beijing Friendship Hospital, talked to us on "Next Generation of Laryngeal Mask in Modern Anaesthesia Practice" followed by Dr Chan Yau Wai, The University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen Hospital, who will talk to us on "SGA: Roles in Modern Anaesthesia".
- Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) followed by Dinner Symposium "Oral Opioid in Post-Operative Pain" was held on 18 July 2018 (Wednesday) from 18:45 to 19:30 at the Orchid Room, 4/F, Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, Tsimshatsui.
- Anesthesia Evening Scientific Symposium was held on 4 April 2018 Wednesday at the Function Room 6-7, 3/F, The Mira Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui. It was our pleasure to have Prof. Sergio Bergese (Professor of Anaesthesiology and Neurological Surgery, The Ohio State University) to talk to us on 'Fragile Brains: The Brain of the Elderly'.
- SAHK, The Hong Kong Pain Society and Hong Kong Society of Musculoskeletal Pain co-organised a CME dinner on 20 April 2018 at the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel and Towers. Dr Ho Kok Yuen (Consultant Anaesthesiologist & Pain specialist, Singapore) gave us a talk on 'Review Effective Management of Acute Pain and MSK Pain' and Dr Carina Li (Specialist in Anaesthesiology, Hong Kong) shared with us some local cases.
- It's time for you to renew your membership at SAHK. At SAHK, not only will you enjoy the benefits of the lectures and courses we organise, you may also be able to receive grants and sponsorships for conferences and courses. Ordinary membership fee is HKD150 per annum, while lifetime membership fee is only HKD1500 for life! So join now by filling out this membership application form and return it with payment to Dr. Michelle Cheung c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to "The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong".
- SAHK is proud to announce the establishment of the SAHK Anaesthesia Foundation Fellowship. This Foundation Fellowship will sponsor specialists in Anaesthesiology in Hong Kong for overseas training in different areas of anaesthesia for up to HKD 100,000. Please follow this link for details.