Welcome to the home page of The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong (SAHK).
NEWS AND UPDATES (updated 09 Feb 2017):
- We just had two symposiums on 8 November 2016 and 9 November 2016 titled 'Pain Control in Fast-Track Arthroplasty Surgery'. We are delighted to have Professor Henrik Husted MD, DMSci, Consultant and Head of Arthroplasty Department, Hvidovre University Hospital Denmark, Assistant Professor, Copenhagen University to speak to us on this topic.
Symposium on 8 November 2016 (Cordis Hotel, Mongkok):
Symposium on 9 November 2016 (Queen Mary Hospital):
- The SAHK Scientific Symposium 'IV Paracetamol - Today's Pain Management in the European Perspective' was held on 10th November 2016 at the Sung Room I & II, 4/F Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Kowloon. Dr Martin Grapengeter, Chair of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Pain Management, Klinikum Bad Hersfeld GmbH, spoke to us on that evening.
- The FINAL EXAMINATION PREPARATORY COURSE 2016 was held on 5-6 August and 23-24 September 2016!
- The 16th World Congress of Anaesthesiologists (WCA) was held from 28th August to 2nd September 2016 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The event was a huge success and we were delighted to see so many delegates from all over the world.
We would like to thank all the faculty members and invited speakers who have contributed so much to this special event.
16th World Congress of Anaesthesiologists
28 August - 2 September 2016
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
To reward those members who have attended the event, SAHK will still accept application for reimbursement of HKD$4000 for all existing SAHK members (trainees and specialists), provided that they are practising in Hong Kong or are on temporary overseas training. Even if you are not yet a SAHK member, you may qualify for this reimbursement if you now apply for life membership. But please remember to apply before 31 Dec 2016.
To apply for reimbursement:
1. Please return this application form for WCA 2016 Registration Fee Reimbursement to Dr. Cheung Ning, Michelle c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong and:
i. clearly write down 'your name as payee' of the reimbursement cheque;
ii. clearly write down the 'address you wish the cheque to be sent to' on the form to facilitate the reimbursement process;
iii. please attach your receipt of WCA registration together with this application form; and
iv. apply before 31 Dec 2016
2. If you are not yet a SAHK member, please also return the 2016 SAHK Life Membership Application Form together with a cheque of HKD$1500.
- It's time for you to renew your membership at SAHK. At SAHK, not only will you enjoy the benefits of the lectures and courses we organise, you may also be able to receive grants and sponsorships for conferences and courses. Ordinary membership fee is HKD150 per annum, while lifetime membership fee is only HKD1500 for life! So join now by filling out this membership application form and return it with payment to Dr. Michelle Cheung c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to "The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong".
- SAHK is proud to announce the establishment of the SAHK Anaesthesia Foundation Fellowship. This Foundation Fellowship will sponsor specialists in Anaesthesiology in Hong Kong for overseas training in different areas of anaesthesia for up to HKD 100,000. Please follow this link for details