Welcome to the home page of The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong (SAHK).
NEWS AND UPDATES (updated 5 June 2017):
University College of London (UCL) is launching a MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) called Perioperative Medicine in Action. This is a free online course which has been designed over the past year with UCL and recently had content approval from the Royal College of Anaesthetists.
Why a MOOC on perioperative medicine
The organisers have brought together an internationally recognised, expert faculty to introduce the key concepts behind perioperative medicine to the entire multidisciplinary team. By providing high quality free education in perioperative medicine, hopefully these principles will be widely adopted, ultimately leading to safer surgery and improved outcomes for the high-risk surgical patient. The course is endorsed and being promoted by the Royal College of Anaesthetists.
Who this course is for
This free online course is designed for all healthcare workers who are involved in a patients perioperative journey, including:
- pre-assessment nurses
- ward nurses
- theatre staff
- medical managers
Accessible learning for busy people
It's free! A four week course with three hours of learning per week hosted by the UK's largest MOOC provider: Futurelearn.
The course launches on 3rd July 2017.
Read more and register at:
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists (ASA) would like to extend to the members of the SAHK the opportunity to register for the 76th National Scientific Congress (NSC) to be held this year at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre (PCEC) in Perth, 7-10 October 2017 at the ASA member rate. It is certainly great news for SAHK members and if you would like more information and to register, please visit the website http://asa2017.com.au!
- Anaesthesia Evening Scientific Symposium on Enhanced Recovery After Surgery: Benefits, Start Up and Selection of Inhalation Anesthetics by Prof Joseph Answeine was held on 10 May 2017.
- SAHK Dinner Symposium was held on 25 May 2017 at the Sheraton Hotel, Tsim Sha Tsui. It was our great pleasure to have Dr Finn M Radkte to speak to us on the European Society of Anesthesiology(ESA) Guideline in Post-operative Delirium.
- It's time for you to renew your membership at SAHK. At SAHK, not only will you enjoy the benefits of the lectures and courses we organise, you may also be able to receive grants and sponsorships for conferences and courses. Ordinary membership fee is HKD150 per annum, while lifetime membership fee is only HKD1500 for life! So join now by filling out this membership application form and return it with payment to Dr. Michelle Cheung c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to "The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong".
- SAHK is proud to announce the establishment of the SAHK Anaesthesia Foundation Fellowship. This Foundation Fellowship will sponsor specialists in Anaesthesiology in Hong Kong for overseas training in different areas of anaesthesia for up to HKD 100,000. Please follow this link for details