Welcome to the home page of The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong (SAHK).
NEWS AND UPDATES (updated 1 August 2018):
- The HKCA Board of Pain Medicine will co-organize with ANZCA FPM a Spring Meeting in Cairns on 19-21 October 2018. SAHK now offers conference grants to our members attending the meeting.
Applicants should satisfy the following criteria:
1. Life member or paid member for 2 consecutive years;
2. Register for the meeting at early bird rate (before 6 August 2018); &
3. Attend the meeting and obtain the certificate of attendance.
A completed Conference Grant Application Form should reach Dr Timmy Chan, Honorary Assistant Secretary of SAHK (c/o Department of Anaesthesia, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong) on or before 15 August 2018.
Offers will be given on first come first serve basis. Priority will be given to applicants who are actively involved or are going to present at the meeting. The SAHK has the right to decide the amount of sponsorship. Applicants will be notified of the results by 31 August 2018. Financing will be on reimbursement basis for the actual amount incurred.
- Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) followed by Dinner Symposium "Oral Opioid in Post-Operative Pain" was held on 18 July 2018 (Wednesday) from 18:45 to 19:30 at the Orchid Room, 4/F, Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, Tsimshatsui.
- Anesthesia Evening Scientific Symposium was held on 4 April 2018 Wednesday at the Function Room 6-7, 3/F, The Mira Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui. It was our pleasure to have Prof. Sergio Bergese (Professor of Anaesthesiology and Neurological Surgery, The Ohio State University) to talk to us on 'Fragile Brains: The Brain of the Elderly'.
- SAHK, The Hong Kong Pain Society and Hong Kong Society of Musculoskeletal Pain co-organised a CME dinner on 20 April 2018 at the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel and Towers. Dr Ho Kok Yuen (Consultant Anaesthesiologist & Pain specialist, Singapore) gave us a talk on 'Review Effective Management of Acute Pain and MSK Pain' and Dr Carina Li (Specialist in Anaesthesiology, Hong Kong) shared with us some local cases.
- It's time for you to renew your membership at SAHK. At SAHK, not only will you enjoy the benefits of the lectures and courses we organise, you may also be able to receive grants and sponsorships for conferences and courses. Ordinary membership fee is HKD150 per annum, while lifetime membership fee is only HKD1500 for life! So join now by filling out this membership application form and return it with payment to Dr. Michelle Cheung c/o The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 4/F Main Clinical Block and Trauma Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to "The Society of Anaesthetists of Hong Kong".
- SAHK is proud to announce the establishment of the SAHK Anaesthesia Foundation Fellowship. This Foundation Fellowship will sponsor specialists in Anaesthesiology in Hong Kong for overseas training in different areas of anaesthesia for up to HKD 100,000. Please follow this link for details.